This chocolate chip banana bread is moist, easy to make, and so delicious! Banana bread is the best to eat as breakfast or snack and an excellent way to use overripe bananas!
How do you keep chocolate chip banana bread moist?
Keep banana bread in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out!
Using vegetable oil as an ingredient also helps to add moisture to the bread.
How long does banana bread last?
Properly stored in an airtight container, banana bread lasts up to 2 days at room temperature or up to 1 week in the fridge.
What can I add to chocolate chip banana bread?
You can add many ingredients to chocolate chip banana bread like:
- Nuts: Hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, pecan nuts.
- Dried fruits: Cranberries, raisins, coconut.
- Seeds: poppy seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds.
Ingredients for chocolate chip banana bread
These are the ingredients that you will need to make this recipe:
Overripe bananas: the ripper the bananas, the better!
Vegetable oil: We've used sunflower oil.
Eggs: Eggs provide the batter structure and are a baking staple.
Sugar: A mix of white sugar and brown sugar.
Vanilla extract: Enhances all the flavors in this recipe!
Flour: We've used all-purpose flour.
Baking powder: This will make the banana bread rise.
Chocolate chips: If you don't have chocolate chips on hand, you can chop a chocolate bar and use chocolate chunks instead.
Salt: Salt highlights all the flavors in baking.
How to make chocolate chip banana bread
Preheat the oven:
First, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). Then grease and line the bottom and sides of a loaf pan with parchment paper.
Mix dry ingredients:
Combine the sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl, and set aside.
Mix wet ingredients:
Then, add the mashed bananas, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract to a smaller bowl. Whisk to combine all the ingredients.
Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently combine everything. Add the chocolate chips and gently combine.
Pour the batter into the loaf pan and add more chocolate chips on top. Bake for about 40 minutes. At the 40-minute mark, cover the pan with foil paper to prevent burning, and bake for more 15 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
Tips to make the best chocolate chip banana bread
The riper the banana, the better: Ripe bananas are the secret to delicious and moist chocolate chip banana bread. It is when the bananas are overripe that they have their sweetest flavor!
Don't overmix the batter: Overmixing the batter can lead to dense and unpleasantly chewy baked cakes.
Don't overbake: If you leave the banana bread too much time in the oven, it will dry out, so keep an eye on it and remove it from the oven when it's golden brown on the top but slightly moist and sticky in the middle.
Make a toothpick test: This tip works for every cake recipe you make! When you need clarification about being already baked in the middle. Insert a toothpick into the center of the cake, and if it comes out clean with no streaks of batter, it's ready.
More recipes using bananaPrint
This chocolate chip banana bread is moist, delicious, and easy to make! It's the perfect recipe to use your overripe bananas!
- 2 medium-sized overripe bananas, mashed (250 g)
- 3 medium-sized eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 90 g white sugar
- 90 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 180 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 150 g chocolate chips
- First, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). Then grease and line the bottom and sides of a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl, and set aside.
- Then, add the mashed bananas, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract to a smaller bowl. Whisk to combine all the ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently combine everything.
- Add the chocolate chips and gently combine.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and add more chocolate chips on top. Bake for about 40 minutes. At the 40-minute mark, cover the pan with foil paper to prevent burning, and bake for more 15 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
You can add one sliced banana on top of the bread to garnish before baking.
Make sure you use overripe bananas to make the bread moist and sweet.
Don't overbake! Overbaking will dry out the banana bread.
Don't overmix the batter. Overmixing can lead to dense and chewy bread.
Keywords: chocolate chip banana bread, banana bread with chocolate chips