This chocolate chip banana bread is moist, delicious, and easy to make! It's the perfect recipe to use your overripe bananas!
- 2 medium-sized overripe bananas, mashed (250 g)
- 3 medium-sized eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 90 g white sugar
- 90 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 180 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 150 g chocolate chips
- First, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). Then grease and line the bottom and sides of a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl, and set aside.
- Then, add the mashed bananas, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract to a smaller bowl. Whisk to combine all the ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently combine everything.
- Add the chocolate chips and gently combine.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and add more chocolate chips on top. Bake for about 40 minutes. At the 40-minute mark, cover the pan with foil paper to prevent burning, and bake for more 15 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
You can add one sliced banana on top of the bread to garnish before baking.
Make sure you use overripe bananas to make the bread moist and sweet.
Don't overbake! Overbaking will dry out the banana bread.
Don't overmix the batter. Overmixing can lead to dense and chewy bread.
Keywords: chocolate chip banana bread, banana bread with chocolate chips