If you're looking for a delicious breakfast or dessert option, you need to try these Thermomix crepes. With just 6 ingredients, this recipe is both simple and satisfying. Make a batch of these tasty crepes and enjoy their delicate flavor and texture.
Crepes are a classic French dish that is delicious as breakfast, dessert, or snack. And with a Thermomix, they're incredibly easy to make!
These delicate crepes are a classic French favorite and can be enjoyed with a variety of sweet and savory toppings. The possibilities are endless, whether you prefer to keep it simple with lemon and sugar or get creative with chocolate and berries. But what if you don't have a Thermomix? No problem! In this post, we'll cover instructions for those who don't have the appliance.
If you're looking for more breakfast recipes, check out our thermomix pancakes, green smoothie bowl, or huevos rancheros.
Why you will love this recipe
- It's Easy to Make! With just six simple ingredients and the help of your Thermomix, making crepes has never been easier.
- This recipe is versatile. Crepes are incredibly versatile, and you can add many toppings. Plus, you can eat them savory or sweet.
- Make them dairy-free. You can use plant based milk to make this recipe dairy-free.
- They're so delicious. Of course, the most important reason to love this recipe is the delicious crepes! Their delicate texture and subtle flavor make them the perfect canvas for any topping you choose.
- All-purpose flour: This flour perfectly balances protein and starch, resulting in a light and tender texture.
- Milk: Choose your favorite type. You'll need non-dairy milk, such as almond or coconut milk, to make these crepes dairy-free. We've used almond milk.
- Eggs: Eggs are a crucial ingredient in this crepe recipe. They add structure and richness to the batter.
- Salt: A pinch of salt is all you need to bring out the flavors of the other ingredients in your crepe batter.
- Vanilla Extract: For a touch of sweetness.
- Coconut Oil: We added coconut oil for a healthier option. You can also use sunflower seed oil.
See the recipe card below for exact measurements, time, and speed.
Add all the ingredients to the Thermomix mixing bowl.
Next, set up your Thermomix to blend everything.
Heat a crepe maker or a large pan over medium heat, and when hot, pour some batter into the pan.
If you're using a pan, move the pan immediately from side to side to form an even circle.
Cook for about 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and reserve until ready to serve. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Serve these crepes with your favorite toppings!
📖 Variations and Substitutions
If you want to switch up the flavors of this Thermomix crepes, here are some variations to consider:
- Lemon Crepes: Add lemon zest to the batter for a fresh flavor. Top with powdered sugar and berries.
- Chocolate Crepes: Add cocoa powder to your batter for a rich and decadent flavor. Top with sliced banana, chocolate chips, and maple syrup.
- Cinnamon Sugar Crepes: Add half a teaspoon of cinnamon to the batter. Serve with powdered sugar on top.
- Savory Crepes: Omit the vanilla extract and serve your crepes with savory ingredients, like sautéed mushrooms and spinach, and top with grated cheese.
- Green crepes: Add one teaspoon of pureed spinach to the batter and make green crepes.
Find some serving suggestions for your crepes:
- Fresh fruit: Top your crepes with sliced bananas, strawberries, blueberries, or any other fruit you choose.
- Nut butter: Spread almond butter, peanut butter, or other nut butter on your crepes.
- Maple syrup: Drizzle your crepes with maple syrup for a classic and simple topping.
- Chocolate sauce: Drizzle this over your crepes for a decadent and indulgent dessert or breakfast.
- Jam: Spread your favorite flavor of jam on your crepes for a sweet and fruity topping.
- Whipped cream: Fold your crepes and add whipped cream inside for a cloudy fluffy texture.
If you have leftover crepes, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
To reheat the crepes, microwave them for a few seconds or heat them in a non-stick pan over low heat until they're warm.
💭 Top tip
If you don't have a Thermomix, no worries. You can still make this recipe! Add all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and gently blend until combining all the ingredients or whisk all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Yes, you can make the batter the night before and store it covered in the refrigerator. Just give it a good stir before using it to ensure that the ingredients are evenly mixed.
Yes, you can make these crepes without a Thermomix. Simply whisk together the ingredients in a mixing bowl until smooth and free of lumps, or mix all the ingredients with a blender.
Yes, you can use any oil with a neutral flavor, such as sunflower seed oil.
This recipe makes approximately 6-8 crepes, depending on the size of your pan and the thickness of your crepes.
If you tried this recipe, don't forget to tag me on Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook. Also, if you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a comment and a rating star below! Thank you for your support!
- 250 g all-purpose flour (8.81 oz)
- 445 g milk of your choice (2 cups + 2 tablespoon or 500 ml)
- 2 medium-sized eggs, at room temperature
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil or sunflower seed oil
- Add all the ingredients to the Thermomix mixing bowl, and mix at 20 sec/speed 6.
- Heat a crepe maker or a large pan over medium heat, and grease with oil. When hot, pour some batter into the pan. If you're using a pan, move the pan immediately from side to side to form an even circle. If you're using a crepe maker, use a crepe utensil to help you make a circle.
- Cook for about 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned.
- Repeat these steps with the remaining batter.
- Serve the crepes with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
- You can still make this recipe if you don't have a Thermomix! Add all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and gently blend until combining all the ingredients or whisk all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- To reheat the crepes, microwave them for a few seconds or heat them in a non-stick pan over low heat until they're warm.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
Leave a Reply