This chocolate chia pudding recipe is the best when you want a quick and healthy breakfast! Make it on the night before, let it sit overnight, grab it in the morning, and you’re ready to go!
Why you will love this recipe
This chocolate chia pudding recipe is:
- Refined-sugar free
- Quick and easy to make
- Meal-prep friendly
Ingredients to make this recipe
Chia pudding is so quick and easy to make! These are the ingredients that you will need to make this chocolate chia pudding:
- Chia seeds
- Plant-based milk
- Cocoa powder
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Cacao nibs
- Peanut butter
How to make this recipe
Add the chia seeds, milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and vanilla extract into a large bowl and whisk to combine. Let it sit for a few minutes and whisk again.
Transfer the mixture into small glass jars and let it sit overnight. Serve topped with cacao nibs, banana, and peanut butter.
Tips for making this recipe
- Sift the cocoa powder: Cocoa powder is full of clumps. If you add it straight into the mixture, it will be tough to break up the lumps, so make sure you sift while adding to the recipe.
- Blend the chia pudding to achieve a yogurt consistency: If you don’t like the chia seed texture, you can blend the chia pudding until smooth.
- Top with your favorite fruits and granola: Feel free to add more color into this recipe and top this chia pudding with banana, berries, granola, or anything you like.
Is chia seed pudding good for you?
Chia seed pudding is an excellent healthy breakfast or snack idea.
Chia seeds are full of fantastic health benefits. They are:
- Full of antioxidants
- High in fiber
- Low in saturated fat
If you know that you’re going to have a super busy morning, with no time to make your breakfast, but you still want to eat something homemade that is delicious and healthy at the same time, this chia seed pudding is probably one of the best options for you!
Chia pudding doesn’t work just as a breakfast meal. If you’re craving something sweet after lunch or dinner, but you want to keep it low-calorie, this is also great to have as a dessert.
What is the texture of chia pudding?
Chia pudding has a creamy thick consistency. If you don’t like this type of texture and prefer something smoother, you can blend it with a hand blender or a high-speed blender.
How long does chia pudding last in the fridge?
When stored in an airtight container, chia pudding lasts up to 4 days in the fridge. So it is perfect if you want to meal prep all of your daily meals some days in advance.
More breakfast recipesPrint
This healthy chocolate chia pudding is quick to make and one of the best overnight recipes! Serve this pudding topped with your favorite fruit, granola, or nut butter!
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond milk (240 ml)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Add all the chia seeds, cocoa powder, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract into a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Whisk again after a few minutes.
- Transfer into glass jars and store in the fridge overnight.
- Serve with sliced banana, cacao nibs, and peanut butter.
This recipe works great with any plant-based milk, but if you’re using coconut milk, try to opt for the carton one. If you still want to use canned coconut milk, add more quantity to the recipe.
Cocoa powder is full of clumps. If you add it straight into the mixture, it will be tough to break up the lumps, so make sure you sift while adding to the recipe.
Blend the chia pudding to achieve a yogurt consistency if you don’t like the chia seed texture.
Feel free to add more color into this recipe and top this chia pudding with fresh fruit, granola, or nut butter.
Keywords: chocolate chia pudding, vegan chocolate chia pudding