This vegan kale salad recipe is easy to make, healthy, and super delicious! Plus, it's served with the best vegan salad dressing, which makes it taste even better!
Why you will love this recipe
This recipe is:
- Easy to make
- Meal-prep friendly
Main ingredients in this recipe
Kale: The star of the plate! You can replace it with another green you like.
Avocado: Adds a creamy texture.
Chickpeas: It's a fantastic source of protein and adds crispness!
Onion: Adds that characteristic flavor to a salad that only onions have!
This vegan kale salad is versatile. Feel free to add another vegetable or protein source that you have on hand in your kitchen and replace any of these if you prefer! Cherry tomatoes, quinoa, or mushrooms would work great too!
Tips for making this recipe
- Massaged kale salad will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- You can store the salad dressing in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days and use it in other salad recipes.
- This salad is perfect for preparing a healthy meal in advance. If you would like to meal prep this salad, store all the ingredients in different containers to make sure it doesn't become soggy.
- Feel free to add any other vegetables or protein sources if you wish.
Why is kale good for you?
Kale is a green vegetable that is super rich in nutrients and will offer you many benefits for your skin and body:
- It is a fantastic source of Vitamin C
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Loaded with vitamin K
- High in Beta-Carotine, which our body turns into Vitamin A
Why do you massage kale for a salad?
You're probably thinking, "what?! massaging kale?" I know! I promise you that this step will make the difference when adding raw kale to any salad recipe.
Massaging kale helps to break down the though cell structure and provides a softer texture to it.
More salad recipesPrint
This vegan kale salad is healthy, easy to make, and served with the best salad dressing ever!
- 5 oz shredded kale (120 g)
- 1 small onion chopped (60 g)
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed (400 g)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch back pepper
- ½ cup soy milk
- ½ cup and 2 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, roasted
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F ( 180 C ) and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Into a mixing bowl, add the chickpeas, olive oil, 1 teaspoon of paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and combine everything.
- Transfer the chickpeas to the baking pan and bake them for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, add another teaspoon of paprika, mix, and cook for more 10 minutes. Shake the pan every once in a while to prevent over-browning.
- Add the kale into a large bowl with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and massage it for about 5 minutes or until it becomes tender.
- Add the avocado cubes, chopped onion, baked chickpeas, salt, and pepper into the bowl and mix everything.
- Add all the dressing ingredients into a small food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the desired amount of dressing on top of the salad and serve immediately.
Massaged kale salad will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
You can store the salad dressing in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days and use it in other salad recipes.
This salad is perfect for preparing a healthy meal in advance. If you would like to meal prep this salad, store all the ingredients in different containers to make sure it doesn't become soggy.
Keywords: kale salad recipe, massaged kale salad, vegan kale salad