If you love a classic Caesar salad, you should try this vegan kale caesar salad recipe! Served with the best vegan caesar salad dressing on top, you will be impressed by how easy it is to make at home.
Why is it called caesar salad?
Caesar salad was created by an Italian restaurateur, chef, and hotel owner called Caesar Cardine.
Caesar Cardine invented this salad at his restaurant called Caesar’s situated in Tijuana, Mexico, that is why it’s named like that.
How to make homemade bread croutons
A simple way of using bread leftovers is by making breadcrumbs or bread croutons to use on salads and soups.
Making bread croutons at home is very easy. The only ingredients you will need are bread leftovers, olive oil, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Here’s how to do it:
- Cut your leftover bread into cubes or small slices.
- Transfer the bread cubes to a mixing bowl, add all the seasonings, and combine.
- Spread out the croutons on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until crispy and golden.
Why you will love this recipe
This kale caesar salad is:
- Simple and easy to make
How to make this recipe
First, start by adding the shredded kale and a drizzle of olive oil into a mixing bowl and massage the kale for about 3 minutes or until it becomes tender.
Next, add the iceberg lettuce, avocado, and bread croutons to a bowl. Then, add all the dressing ingredients into a small blender and blend until smooth.
Serve topped with the salad dressing, vegan parmesan and sesame seeds.
Tips for making this recipe
- Use a good quality olive oil to massage the kale: Make sure you grab the best tasting olive oil you can get to massage your kale! The olive oil will penetrate all over the kale, so the better the olive oil, the better your salad will taste!
- Brush the avocado with lemon juice to keep the avocado from turning brown: Avocados start oxidizing very quickly after you cut them. A great tip to make your avocado look fresh for longer is to brush the avocado with lemon juice!
- Store ingredients in different containers if you would like to meal prep: This salad is excellent for preparing a healthy meal in advance. If you would like to meal prep this salad, store all the ingredients (except the croutons) in the fridge in different containers to make sure it doesn’t become soggy.
More salad recipesPrint
This is the best vegan caesar salad recipe! Flavourful, easy to make, and topped with a delicious creamy caesar salad dressing!
Bread Croutons Ingredients
- 4 oz leftover bread, cut into cubes (100 g)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 oz shredded kale (100 g)
- 4 oz iceberg lettuce (100 g)
- 4 oz bread croutons (100 g)
- 1 avocado, sliced or cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- sesame seeds (optional)
- vegan parmesan (optional)
Caesar Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 1/2 cup soy milk (120 ml)
- 1/2 cup and 2 tbsp grapeseed oil (150 ml)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (15 ml)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 pinch of salt
Bread Croutons Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the bread leftovers into cubes or small slices.
- Into a mixing bowl, combine the bread cubes, olive oil, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Transfer the bread cubes to the baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until crispy golden.
- Into a bowl, add the shredded kale, and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Massage the kale for 3 minutes or until soft. Brush the lemon juice over the avocado.
- Add the kale, iceberg lettuce, avocado, and bread croutons to a large bowl.
- Add all the dressing ingredients into a small blender and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle the salad with the dressing and garnish with sesame seeds and vegan parmesan.
Remove the stems from the kale before shredding and massaging it.
Brush the lemon juice into the avocado slices to prevent the avocado from turning brown.
You can replace the grapeseed oil with sunflower oil.
Keywords: kale caesar salad, vegan caesar salad recipe