This Thai pineapple fried rice recipe is vegan, healthy, and so yummy! This dish is perfect for making when you have rice leftovers.
This recipe is
- Gluten-free friendly
- Quick and easy to make
How to make this recipe
Rinse the rice and cook according to package instructions. When cooked, transfer to a bowl to cool down. While the rice is cooking, cut the pineapple and the vegetables.
Heat a large wok over medium to high heat and drizzle a little bit of oil. Saute the garlic and onion for 2 minutes or until softened. Add the carrots and peas and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Stir often to prevent burning.
Next, add the spring onions and the pineapple. Keep stirring. Fluff the rice with a fork and add it to the wok. Toss to combine. Add the curry powder, tamari, salt, pepper, and mix everything.
Serve in a pineapple boat or a bowl and garnish with chopped coriander, cashews, and lime juice.
Tips for making this recipe
- Rinse the rice before cooking: This process will rinse off the excess starch and prevent the rice from sticking together while you're stir-frying it.
- Prepare all the veggies ahead: Once you start the stir-frying process, this dish comes out very quickly. Make sure the vegetables are ready to go when you need to throw them into the wok to prevent burning.
- Use a large wok to get the best results: If you use a too small wok, it will be challenging to mix the vegetables with the rice.
- Add any types of vegetables you like: Feel free to use any veggies you have on hand if you don't particularly like some of the ones in this recipe.
What is Thai pineapple fried rice?
Thai pineapple fried rice is a stir-fry dish made with rice, pineapple, and vegetables. There are many variations to this dish, and you can also add egg, tofu, shrimp, squid, or chicken.
Thai pineapple fried rice is usually served on a pineapple boat, which makes this dish look so good!
Although this Thai pineapple fried rice recipe is vegan, it doesn't compromise the traditional flavor! You will still feel the authentic taste that this dish has to offer!
We've only used vegetables for this recipe but feel free to add cubed tofu or scrambled egg if you want to add more protein to this dish.
How do you make a pineapple boat?
Making a pineapple boat is easier than it looks:
- Insert a knife in the middle of the pineapple and cut through one side. Then repeat the process to the other side.
- Cut around the inside of the pineapple.
- Cut the inside of the pineapple into cubes. Be careful not to cut into the skin.
- With a spoon, remove the cubed fruit and discard the hard middle part.
What makes fried rice yellow?
The ingredient that makes this Thai pineapple fried rice yellow is the curry powder.
Turmeric is also a commonly used ingredient that makes fried rice yellow.
What type of rice is best for fried rice?
The best type of rice for fried rice is medium to long grain rice like Basmati rice or Jasmin rice.
For this Thai pineapple rice, we've used Basmati rice.
More stir fry recipesPrint
This is a quick and easy Thai pineapple rice recipe! It's vegan, healthy, gluten-free friendly, and it's ready in 30 minutes! Simply the best!
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas (140 g)
- 4 spring onions, chopped (260 g)
- 2 cups cubed pineapple (340 g)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- 1 pinch salt
- pepper or chili sauce to taste
- 1 lime, quartered (optional)
- chopped coriander (optional)
- cashews (optional)
- Rinse the rice and cook according to package instructions. When cooked, transfer to a bowl to cool down.
- Cut the pineapple and the vegetables while the rice is cooking.
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Stir-fry the garlic and onion for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add the carrots and peas and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Next, add the spring onions and the pineapple and combine all the ingredients.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and add to the pan. Stir to combine everything.
- Add the tamari, sesame oil, curry powder, salt, pepper, and stir until well combined. Serve garnished with chopped coriander, cashews, and lime juice.
Rinse the rice before cooking to rinse off the excess starch and prevent the rice from sticking together while you're stir-frying it.
Prepare all the veggies ahead. Make sure the vegetables are ready to go when you need to add them into the wok to prevent burning.
Use a large wok to get the best results.
Feel free to use any veggies you have on hand if you don't particularly like some of the ones in this recipe.
You can add tofu or egg to this recipe for a protein-packed dish.
Keywords: vegan Thai pineapple rice, Thai pineapple rice