This roasted cauliflower soup is creamy, comforting, and so easy to make. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and only requires 5 main ingredients to make it!
- 2 lb cauliflower florets (1 kg)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 5 cups water or vegetable stock (1 l)
- fresh thyme, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C) and prepare the vegetables.
- Add the cauliflower florets, onion, and garlic to a baking tray, drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil on top, and season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Boil the water in a soup pot for 5 minutes, then turn off the heat, add the roasted vegetables, one tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Turn on the heat and boil the soup for 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with small roasted cauliflower florets and fresh thyme.
Keep some roasted florets to garnish: Save some small roasted cauliflower florets to garnish the soup when serving for extra crunchiness.
Use a large soup pot: Ensure you use a large-sized soup pot to blend the soup safely.
Adjust consistency: You can adjust the consistency of this soup by changing the amount of water. If you prefer a thinner soup, add more water or add less water if you like a creamy and thick consistency.
Keywords: cauliflower soup, roasted cauliflower soup recipe