This chocolate chip pumpkin bread is moist, delicious, and super easy to make! No need to use pumpkin puree, just raw pumpkin, which is perfect to use pumpkin leftovers!
- 7 oz raw pumpkin, cubed (200 g)
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup shredded desiccated coconut (50 g)
- 1/2 cup white sugar (90 g)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (90 g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (180 g)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 and 1/4 cups chocolate chips (150 g)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves (optional)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C), grease a loaf pan, and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the cubed pumpkin, melted coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract, salt, sugar, desiccated coconut, and spices to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently combine everything.
- Add 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips and gently combine.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and add 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top. Bake for about 40, at the 40-minute mark, cover the pan with foil paper to prevent burning, and bake for more 20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
Don't overbake: This bread is best when moist! Ensure you don't overbake your pumpkin bread to prevent it from getting dry.
Storage: Store your chocolate chip pumpkin bread in a dry place for up to 2 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Blender substitution: If you don't have a blender, you can also use a food processor.
Keywords: chocolate chip pumpkin bread, chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe