This zucchini noodle with shrimp recipe is easy to make, gluten-free, low-carb, and ready in 20 minutes!
- 2 medium-sized zucchinis, spiralized
- 14 oz raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (400 g)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- First, wash and cut the ends of the zucchini. Using a spiralizer, make the zucchini pasta and set it aside.
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium-high heat with a little bit of olive oil. When hot, add the garlic, basil leaves, and sauté until golden, then add the onion and sauté for 1 minute or until soft.
- Then, add the shrimp, season with salt, and sauté until cooked through.
- Add the zucchini noodles, a little bit more salt, and black pepper, and toss everything to combine for 30 seconds. Don't overcook, or the zucchini noodles will become mushy. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Don't overcook shrimp: shrimp cooks fast, and over-cooked shrimp is rubbery, so keep an eye on the shrimp while cooking.
Don't overcook zucchini: Zucchini noodles can become mush and soggy very quickly due to the fact that zucchini contains more than 90% water. They should be crispy and al dente.
Storage: You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Recipe variations: Feel free to add other ingredients to this dish. Other vegetables like mushrooms or cherry tomatoes go well with this recipe.
Keywords: zucchini noodles with shrimp, zoodles with shrimp