This Yaki Udon noodle stir fry is easy to make and ready in 20 minutes! Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
Stir Fry Ingredients
- 500g Udon noodles
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small piece of ginger, minced
- 1 onion, cut into half-moons
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2.5 oz bok choy, chopped (70 g)
- 6.5 oz mushrooms, chopped (180 g)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Next, prepare all the vegetables and set them aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- When hot, add the garlic, ginger, onion, and spring onions and saute for 1 minute or until soft.
- Then, add the mushrooms and bok choy and saute for 4 minutes or until soft. Frequently stir to prevent burning.
- Next, add noodles followed by the sauce mixture and stir continuously to combine everything.
- Finally, add the sesame seeds and more spring onions on top to garnish. Serve immediately.
Variations for a spicy Yaki Udon: You can add one tablespoon of sriracha sauce to the sauce mixture if you’re a fan of spicy food.
Use a large wok to get the best results: If you use a too-small pan, it won’t be easy to toss all the ingredients together, and your vegetables won’t cook as quickly as if you were stir-frying them on a larger one.
Prepare all the vegetables ahead: This dish comes out very quickly once you start the stir-frying process. Ensure you prepare all the veggies ahead, so they’re ready to go when you need to throw them into the wok and prevent them from burning.
Keywords: Yaki Udon, stir fry Udon noodles