This vegetable Lo Mein recipe is so easy to make and perfect to cook in under 25 minutes!
Lo Mein Sauce Ingredients
- 4 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce or dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp vegetable broth or water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/8 tsp chili sauce
Lo Mein Ingredients
- 7 oz egg noodles, vegan noodles, gluten-free noodles, or spaghetti (200 g)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped (45 g)
- 2 cups thinly sliced bok choy or another type of cabbage (80 g)
- 2 cups thinly sliced Chinese cabbage (80 g)
- 1 cup julienned carrots (100 g)
- 1 cup bean sprouts (75 g)
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cook your noodles or spaghetti according to package instructions.
- While the noodles are cooking, prepare all the vegetables. Mince the garlic, chop the spring onions, thinly slice the cabbage, and julienne the carrots.
- Heat a large skillet or a wok over medium-high heat, and when hot, add the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add the cabbage stalks, carrots, and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender but still crispy. Stir frequently to prevent burning. Next, add the cabbage leaves and spring onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles and combine everything.
- Next, add the sauce and toss continuously to combine.
- Serve with sesame seeds or chopped green onions on top to garnish.
Prepare your veggies ahead, so they are ready to go before start stir-frying them: This dish is so quick to make! Have all the vegetables ready to go into the wok to make sure you don't burn them between steps.
Ensure your wok is hot before starting cooking: It will ensure that the veggies will cook faster and won't stick to the bottom of your pan.
Don't overcook the vegetables: The vegetables should be crispy, so make sure you stir fry them until they are tender but not so soft.
Feel free to add chili sauce to your taste if you love spicy food: If you are a fan of spicy food, please adjust your dish's spiciness by adding some drops of chili sauce while adding the Lo Mein sauce into the wok.
Keywords: vegetable lo mein, authentic lo mein recipe