These vegetable fritters are soft, easy to assemble and make a great snack, side dish, or appetizer. Serve them with some garlic dipping sauce.
- 2 cups shredded carrot (140 g)
- 1 cup shredded and squeezed zucchini (140 g)
- 1 small onion, grated (90 g)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 3 medium sized eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (50 g)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- First, prepare all the veggies and beat the eggs into a small bowl.
- Add all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Grease the pan with olive oil, and once hot, add one heaping tablespoon of the vegetable mixture and flatten out the tops to make the patties even.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. If they brown too quickly, reduce the heat. Repeat this process until you've used all the batter.
- Serve them with some garlic herb sauce on the side.
- Gluten-free version: Use a gluten-free flour blend instead of all-purpose flour for a gluten-free version.
- Squeeze out the liquid from the zucchini: Zucchini contains a lot of water, don't forget to squeeze before adding it into the mixture.
- Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Keywords: vegetable fritters, vegetable patties