This vegan Pad Thai recipe is healthy, gluten-free, easy to make, and so tasty! You will be able to make it in less than 30 minutes!
Pad Thai Sauce Ingredients
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp water or vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- chili sauce to taste (optional)
Pad Thai Ingredients
- 7 oz cooked rice noodles (200 g)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 9 oz extra-firm tofu, cubed (250 g)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped (100 g)
- 1 cup julienned carrots (150 g)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups bean sprouts (120 g)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges (optional)
- coriander, chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts (optional)
- Cook the rice noodles according to package instructions.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients into a bowl and set aside. Cut all the vegetables and set them aside.
- In a large wok, heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat, and when hot, add the tofu cubes and cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Next, add 2 tbsp of oil to the pan and cook the garlic and onion for 2 minutes or until softened. Stir constantly.
- Add the carrots and saute for 3 minutes. Stir often to prevent burning. Then, add the green onions and bean sprouts and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the tofu and the noodles to the pan and mix with the vegetables.
- Add the sauce and combine everything.
- Serve immediately with lime juice, chopped coriander, or chopped peanuts on top.
Prepare the vegetables ahead to make sure they're ready to go when you need to throw them into the wok.
Use extra-firm tofu. Extra-firm tofu is the best for cubing and frying.
Use a large wok to get the best results.
Feel free to use any veggies you have on hand if you don't particularly like some of the ones in this recipe.
Rinse the rice noodles in cold water after cooking. It will keep them loose and stop the cooking process.
Keywords: vegan Pad Thai, tofu Pad Thai recipe