This vegan curry recipe is easy to make and kid-friendly! Serve this dish with white jasmine rice, coconut yogurt, and chopped coriander.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can peeled tomatoes (240 g)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk (400 ml)
- 1 small zucchini, cut in half-moons (320 g)
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained (260 g)
- 1 handful of spinach
- fresh coriander to garnish (optional)
- Prepare all the veggies, heat a medium-sized pot over medium heat, and drizzle the olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, saute the garlic and onion for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add the tomatoes, stir and crush with a wooden spoon or spatula when soft.
- Next, add the paprika, salt, pepper, and curry, and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, zucchini and cook on low heat for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Then, add the drained chickpeas and cook for 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the spinach leaves and cook for 5 more minutes. Serve with white jasmine rice, coconut yogurt, and garnish with fresh coriander.
Add spice to your taste: This curry recipe is very light, kid-friendly, and not too spicy, but if your a fan of spicy food, feel free to add chili.
Use coconut milk from a can: Canned coconut milk is the best for curry recipes due to its flavor and thicker consistency.
Feel free to change the veggies: If you're not a fan of zucchini or spinach, you can switch to other types of vegetables you like. Aubergine and sweet potato are a great choice too.
Keywords: vegan curry, chickpea curry recipe