These vegan chocolate chip cookies will be your new favorite cookie recipe! They’re soft on the inside, crispy on the outside, and so easy to make! Plus, they’re also freezer-friendly.
- 110 g granulated sugar
- 90 g brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil (120 ml)
- 1/4 cup almond milk, at room temperature (60 ml)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 250g chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and whisk to combine.
- Add the oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar to a large bowl. Whisk the ingredients until you achieve a creamy consistency.
- Then, add the milk and vanilla extract, and whisk to combine.
- Next, add the reserved flour mixture into the bowl and gently combine with the help of a spatula.
- Then, add the chocolate chips and gently fold until combined with the cookie dough.
- Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for at least 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C), and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough into balls, placing them a few inches apart. Bake for 11-12 minutes for a softer cookie center or 15 minutes for a crispier cookie. The cookies are ready when the edges are slightly golden, and the center is still puffed. They will look un-done but don’t worry, they will continue to bake outside the oven and settle as they cool down. You can add more chocolate chips on top right after you remove them from the oven. Please wait at least 20 minutes before eating until they cool down and finish baking out of the oven.
Weigh all the ingredients: Weighing ingredients with a scale is essential to ensure good results when baking. Measuring dry ingredients with cups won’t give you an exact measure, and that can turn into a bad baking experience.
Don’t overbake: Cookies continue to bake outside the oven, so ensure you don’t overbake them. Let them cool down for at least 20 minutes. They will flatten and finish baking as they cool down outside the oven.
Chill the cookie dough: This dough is slightly softer due to the oil and milk. To help you shape the dough into balls, refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour before baking.
Freeze: Scoop balls of cookie dough, place them in a freezer plastic bag, and freeze the cookie dough for up to 3 months! Bake cookies anytime you crave them!
Store: Store the cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. We only recommend 3 days because the texture will differ from freshly baked.
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookie recipe