This is a quick and easy Thai pineapple rice recipe! It’s vegan, healthy, gluten-free friendly, and it’s ready in 30 minutes! Simply the best!
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas (140 g)
- 4 spring onions, chopped (260 g)
- 2 cups cubed pineapple (340 g)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1 pinch salt
- pepper or chili sauce to taste
- 1 lime, quartered (optional)
- chopped coriander (optional)
- cashews (optional)
- Rinse the rice and cook according to package instructions. When cooked, transfer to a bowl to cool down.
- Cut the pineapple and the vegetables while the rice is cooking.
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Stir-fry the garlic and onion for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add the carrots and peas and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Next, add the spring onions and the pineapple and combine all the ingredients.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and add to the pan. Stir to combine everything.
- Add the tamari, sesame oil, curry powder, salt, pepper, and stir until well combined. Serve garnished with chopped coriander, cashews, and lime juice.
Rinse the rice before cooking to rinse off the excess starch and prevent the rice from sticking together while you’re stir-frying it.
Prepare all the veggies ahead. Make sure the vegetables are ready to go when you need to add them into the wok to prevent burning.
Use a large wok to get the best results.
Feel free to use any veggies you have on hand if you don’t particularly like some of the ones in this recipe.
You can add tofu or egg to this recipe for a protein-packed dish.
Keywords: vegan Thai pineapple rice, Thai pineapple rice