Quick and easy to make teriyaki chicken bowl that is better than take-out and ready in less than 25 minutes!
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 7 oz broccolini (200 g)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 4 tbsp mirin
- 4 tbsp sake
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- First, mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cook the rice according to package instructions and sautee the broccolini with a little bit of olive oil and one minced garlic clove.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, drizzle the olive oil, and add the cubed chicken breast when hot. Cook the chicken until cooked through.
- Then, add the garlic and ginger to the pan and stir to enhance the flavor.
- Next, add the sauce mixture to the pan, stir and let it simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Serve in a bowl with white basmati rice, broccolini, and sesame seeds on top.
Cut the chicken into even-size pieces: Cut the chicken into even-size pieces to ensure even cooking.
Don’t overcook the chicken: Ensure you don’t overcook the chicken to prevent it from drying out.
Leftover storage: Store the teriyaki chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Keywords: teriyaki chicken bowl, how to make chicken teriyaki