This tabbouleh salad, also known as tabouli, is healthy, vegan, and easy to make. Make this Lebanese recipe to serve as a side for lunch or dinner.
- 1 cup bulgur (180 g)
- 2 cups water (480 ml)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 handful parsley, chopped (55 g)
- 1 handful mint, chopped (20 g)
- 4 tbsp olive oil (60 ml)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Cook the bulgur in water according to package instructions. When ready, transfer to a bowl to cool down.
- Meanwhile, chop the vegetables and fresh herbs.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and whisk to combine into a small mixing bowl.
- Add all the ingredients into a large bowl, mix well and toss the dressing on top. Mix everything and serve immediately.
Let the bulgur cool down: Let the bulgur cool down completely before adding to the mixing bowl. Hot bulgur will make your vegetables look mushy.
Use extra virgin olive oil: Extra virgin olive oil is healthier and tastes better than regular olive oil.
When meal prepping: Store the dressing in a different container and mix with the salad only when serving.
Store in the fridge: You can store this salad in the fridge inside an airtight glass container for up to 2 days. Don’t forget to keep the dressing apart.
For a gluten-free version: You can replace bulgur with quinoa for a gluten-free recipe.
Keywords: tabbouleh salad, vegan tabbouleh salad, Lebanese salad recipe