This sweet potato stew is hearty, healthy, and vegan. Make this comforting meal on a cold rainy day to warm you up.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz sweet potato (350 g)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (400 g)
- 1/4 cup white wine (60 ml)
- 2 tsp salt
- chili sauce to taste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cups vegetable broth (480 ml)
- 1 can kidney beans (400 g)
- coriander to garnish (optional)
- First, prepare the vegetables and set them aside.
- Add the onion, garlic, and olive oil to a pot and sautée on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Next, add the sweet potato and sautee for 2 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the tomato and white wine and cook for 2 minutes until the alcohol has evaporated.
- Season with salt, chili sauce, soy sauce, and add the vegetable broth to the pot, reduce the heat, and let it cook for 25 minutes.
- Then, add the beans to the pot, stir, and let it cook for more 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with sauteed vegetables and warm toasted bread on the side.
Cook on medium to low heat: Reducing the heat while cooking a stew gives more time to refine all flavors and makes the stew tastier.
Storage: Store leftovers on an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: sweet potato stew, vegan stew