These spinach puffs are the perfect dinner party appetizer! They’re cheesy, crispy, and freezer-friendly. You can make them ahead to save you up some time!
- 1 sheet puff pastry (250 g)
- 7 oz baby spinach (200 g)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 7 oz ricotta cheese (200 g)
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, add olive oil and when hot, sautee the garlic for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Then, add the spinach, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and sautee until soft. Remove the pan and set it aside to cold down.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into 6 or 12 squares, depending on the size you desire, and place them on the baking tray. This recipe makes six big puffs or 12 small puffs.
- Into a mixing bowl, add the spinach, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and one egg. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and mix everything.
- Divide the spinach mixture into each square and fold two opposite edges of each square, pressing them tightly.
- Brush all the spinach puffs with egg yolk and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden.
Making ahead: You can make these spinach puffs ahead to save you up some time. Make them on the day before and keep them in the fridge overnight or make them a week early and freeze them.
Remove the water: Ensure you remove all the water from the spinach before mixing it with other ingredients.
This recipe makes 6 big spinach puffs or 12 small puffs.
Keywords: spinach puffs, spinach puffs recipe