This roasted vegetable salad is hearty, healthy, and easy to make! Plus, it's vegan, gluten-free, and can be served warm or cold.
Roasted Vegetable Ingredients
- 5 oz baby spinach leaves (120 g)
- 4 oz butternut squash, cut into cubes (100 g)
- 4 oz onion, cut into half-moons (100 g)
- 4 oz zucchini, cut into half-moons (100 g)
- 4 oz broccoli, cut into florets (100 g)
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes, cut into halves (100 g)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (125 g)
- sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds to garnish
- 5 tbsp olive oil (60 ml)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (30 ml)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F ( 180 C ) and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add the pumpkin, onion, zucchini, broccoli, and cherry tomatoes to a baking tray. Season with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and combine everything.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tender.
- While the vegetables are baking, cook the quinoa according to package instructions and mix the dressing ingredients into a small bowl.
- To assemble the salad, add a bed of spinach leaves on a plate or serving bowl, then add the quinoa and roasted vegetables on top of the spinach. Finally, add the dressing on top and garnish with pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
Cut the veggies into different shapes: Cutting the vegetables in different ways adds texture to the salad, making it look more yummy.
Add dressing: Ensure you only add the dressing when serving. This way, your salad won't get soggy.
Storage: Store the roasted vegetables in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Keywords: roasted vegetable salad, vegan roasted vegetable salad