Oven-roasted sweet potato wedges that are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and make a great side dish, appetizer, or snack!
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- chopped coriander to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Scrub, wash your sweet potatoes, and dry them very well.
- Cut them into wedges and transfer them into a mixing bowl.
- Season the sweet potato wedges with salt, black pepper, olive oil, paprika, and garlic powder, and mix to combine.
- Transfer them into the baking tray and spread them, so they don't touch each other.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until lightly browned and fork-tender.
- Serve your baked sweet potato wedges with garlic dip.
Dry your sweet potatoes very well: This is a crucial step to ensure they crisp properly.
Cut the wedges in a similar size: If your sweet potato wedges are not the same size, they won't be ready simultaneously, and some may burn.
Recipe variations: You can add other ingredients to season your sweet potato wedges like dried oregano, chili flakes, or onion powder.
Keywords: roasted sweet potato wedges