This roasted sweet potato salad has massaged kale, avocado, feta cheese, walnuts, and a delicious honey dressing! This recipe is hearty, healthy, and easy to make! Plus, there is a vegan option too.
Sweet Potato Ingredients
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/4 cups cubed sweet potato (300 g)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 oz shredded kale (100 g)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (130 g)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese or vegan feta (45 g)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (30 g)
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey or agave syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F ( 180 C ) and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add the sweet potato cubes, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a mixing bowl and combine everything.
- Transfer the sweet potato to the baking pan and bake it for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, add the kale into a large bowl with 1 tbsp of olive oil and massage it for about 5 minutes or until it becomes tender.
- Into a small bowl, add the dressing ingredients and mix everything.
- Add the kale, quinoa, sweet potato, avocado, walnuts, feta cheese, salad dressing, and toss everything to combine into a large bowl. Serve immediately!
Storage tips: This salad will keep in the fridge in diferent airtight containers for up to 3 days.
If you’re meal prepping: If you want to meal prep this salad, store all the ingredients in different containers to ensure it doesn’t become soggy.
Use a good quality olive oil to massage the kale: Ensure you use the best tasting olive oil you can get to massage your kale! The olive oil will penetrate all over the kale, so the better the olive oil, the better your salad will taste!
Brush the avocado with lemon juice to keep it from turning brown: Avocados start oxidizing quickly after cutting them. To make your avocado look fresh for longer, brush the avocado with lemon juice!
Keywords: roasted sweet potato salad, vegetarian sweet potato salad