This quinoa stir fry is easy to make, healthy, and full of veggies! Plus, it's excellent for meal prep and leftovers!
- 1/2 cup quinoa (100 g)
- 1 cup of water ( 240 ml )
- 1 pinch of salt
Stir fry Ingredients
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots (50 g)
- 2 cups julienned cabbage (130 g)
- 1/2 cup julienned leek (50 g)
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts (70 g)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 sliced avocado
- 2 poached eggs (optional)
- chopped coriander to garnish (optional)
- Chop the onion, mince the garlic cloves, and julienne the vegetables. You don't have to julienne if you don't know how to do it or if you don't have enough time to julienne, chop the veggies.
- Rinse the quinoa. Add the quinoa, water, and salt to a saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat. When it starts boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- While the quinoa is cooking, add the onion, garlic, and olive oil to a wok pan and let it saute for 3 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the carrots to the wok and let it saute for more 3 minutes, stir often to prevent burning.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, cabbage, leek, bean sprouts, seasoning, and let it saute for more 5 minutes. Continue stirring.
- Next, add the quinoa, salt, and pepper to the wok and mix everything.
- Serve it in a bowl or a plate with sliced avocado and chopped coriander to garnish.
Don't overcook the vegetables. The vegetables should be crispy, so make sure you stir fry them until they are tender but not too soft.
Make-ahead for meal prep. You can store the ingredients in the refrigerator in different airtight containers for up to 4 days and combine them for a quick meal.
Rinse the quinoa before cooking. Rinsing removes quinoa's natural coating, which can make it taste not very pleasant.
Keywords: quinoa stir fry, quinoa fried rice