This quinoa breakfast bowl recipe is warm, chocolatey, and so comforting! It’s a great alternative to oatmeal and super easy to prepare.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 banana, sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 2 tbsp laminated almonds (optional)
- Add the cooked quinoa, almond milk, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, and maple syrup into a small saucepan.
- Heat the saucepan over medium to low heat and cook for about 8 minutes until warm and combined.
- Remove from the heat, serve in a bowl, and top with banana, blackberries, and laminated almonds.
Rinse quinoa before you cook: Rinsing quinoa removes quinoa’s natural coating, which can make it taste bitter.
Make this recipe ahead: You can make this recipe on the day before to take less time the next morning. Keep it in the fridge, and the following day, reheat in the microwave and add your favorite toppings.
Use your favorite milk: We’ve used almond milk but feel free to use your favorite one. Soy milk, hazelnut milk, or coconut milk will work great too.
Add your favorite toppings: Feel free to add your favorite toppings like fresh fruit, nut butter, jam, chocolate chips, or more maple syrup.
Keywords: chocolate quinoa breakfast bowl, quinoa breakfast bowl recipe