This homemade pumpkin spice syrup it's vegan, gluten-free, and tastes like Fall! It's made with real pumpkin puree and earthy spices, and it's the best to add to your pumpkin spice latte, oatmeal, or any Fall baking recipes!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (145 g)
- 1 cup brown sugar (165 g)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup water (240 ml)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Add all the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking occasionally.
- Continue cooking over low to medium heat for an additional 10 minutes or until it thickens into a syrup-like consistency. Keep frequently whisking to prevent burning. Then, remove it from the heat and allow the mixture to cool down.
- Transfer to an airtight glass jar and store in the fridge for up to a week or into ice cube trays and freezer for individual portions any time you want!
Consistency: If you store your pumpkin spice syrup in the refrigerator, it will be thick, you can shake the covered jar or stir to blend again if needed. If you prefer a more liquid consistency, you can strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer before storing it in an airtight container.
Storage: Store your pumpkin spice syrup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Recipe variations: This pumpkin spice syrup recipe it's not just for your pumpkin spice lattes! Try to add it to your oatmeal, baking recipes, or pancake recipes for extra pumpkin flavor!
Keywords: pumpkin spice syrup, homemade pumpkin spice, PSL syrup, vegan pumpkin spice