These pumpkin pancakes are the ultimate fall breakfast! Serve them with maple syrup and some pecan nuts on top.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 and 1/4 cups almond milk (180 ml)
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 and 2/3 cups all-purpose flour or white spelt flour (200 g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 pinch of salt
- Mix the flour, spices, baking powder, coconut sugar, and salt.
- Add the pumpkin puree, almond milk, eggs, and vanilla extract and whisk to combine in a different mixing bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently combine everything.
- Heat a skillet or a frying pan over low-medium heat and grease it with a bit of coconut oil. Once hot, pour a ladle of the batter into the pan and let it cook for about 1 or 2 minutes. When bubbles start to appear all over the top, flip it very gently and let it cook for more 2 minutes, then plate. Repeat until you have used all the batter.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings or let it cool down and freeze them.
Make a batch of homemade pumpkin puree ahead for when you want to make these delicious pancakes!
Don’t over mix the batter! It will help your pancakes to rise and have a fluffier texture.
Leave your batter in your fridge overnight, and you’re ready to go in the morning!
Keywords: pumpkin pancake, pumpkin pancake recipe