These pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are moist, perfectly spiced, and loaded with chocolate chips! They're great to eat as a snack or dessert.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240 g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/8 tsp clove powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (250 g)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 C), line a muffin tin with muffin liners, and set it aside.
- Into a mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and clove. Mix everything and set it aside.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, and oil until creamy for about 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour mixture and gently combine with the help of a spatula.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins, filling them for about 3/4 of the way full, and add more chocolate chips on top. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Don't overmix the batter: Overmixing the batter can result in more dense muffins. Also, it can keep the muffins from rising.
Sift together the dry ingredients: Sifting all the dry ingredients while adding them to de mix will break up any lumps.
Add extra chocolate chips: Add more chocolate chips on top after pouring the batter to make your muffins extra gooey.
Keywords: pumpkin chocolate chip muffins