This mushroom stroganoff recipe is vegan, healthy, and super easy to make. Add gluten-free pasta for a gluten-free version.
- 7 oz fusilli pasta, cooked (200 g)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 7 oz chestnut mushrooms, sliced (200 g)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 1/3 cups vegan cream (200 ml)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- chopped coriander, to garnish (optional)
- Start by cooking the pasta according to package instructions.
- Then, heat a large pan over medium to high heat and add the olive oil.
- Saute the garlic and onion for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 4 minutes until the mushrooms are soft. Stir often to prevent burning.
- Next, add the vegan cream, dijon mustard, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and let it cook for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Add the drained cooked pasta to the pan, and combine everything. Serve immediately with chopped coriander on top.
Don't overcook the pasta: The best pasta is always al dente! Keep an eye on it, and don't let it get too soft. Drain when it's ready to stop the cooking process.
Simmer until the sauce thickens: This sauce should be super creamy and rich. After adding the cream, let it simmer until you get a thicker consistency.
Store leftovers: Store this dish for up to 4 days in your fridge.
Keywords: mushroom stroganoff, vegan mushroom stroganoff