This vegan mushroom pasta recipe is super creamy and so yummy! Plus, it will be ready in less than 25 minutes!
- 6 oz fettuccine pasta (200 g)
- 5 oz mushrooms, sliced (150 g)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 and 1/3 cups vegan heavy cream (200 ml)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme to garnish (optional)
- First, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat a large pan over medium to high heat and drizzle a little bit of oil.
- Saute the garlic and onion for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 4 minutes until the mushrooms are soft. Stir often to prevent burning.
- Add the cream, salt, pepper, dark soy sauce, and nutritional yeast and stir to combine. Let it cook for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Stir often to prevent burning.
- Finally, add the drained cooked pasta to the pan, and mix everything. Serve immediately with fresh thyme or coriander on top.
Use your favorite type of pasta: We’ve used tagliatelle pasta, but any pasta works with this recipe, so feel free to use your favorite one!
Don’t overcook the pasta: Good pasta is cooked to al dente! Keep an eye on it, and don’t let it get too soft.
Simmer until the sauce thickens: The sauce should be super creamy and rich. After adding the cream, let it simmer until you get a thicker consistency.
Keywords: mushroom pasta, vegan mushroom pasta recipe