This garlic mushroom pappardelle is easy to make, comforting, and so delicious! It only requires 6 main ingredients and is ready in less than 20 minutes!
- 9 oz fresh pappardelle pasta (250 g)
- 1/4 cup pasta cooking water (60 ml)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 6 oz chestnut mushrooms, sliced (150 g)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (8 g)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- coriander to garnish (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions and reserve the cooking water.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. When hot, add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Then, add the sliced mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add the cooked pappardelle to the pan and mix everything.
- Next, add the reserved cooking water to the pan, mix gently until the water reduces and thickens.
- Season with salt, black pepper, add the parmesan cheese, and toss gently to combine.
- Serve garnished with chopped coriander and more parmesan cheese.
Cook the pasta al dente: Pasta should always be cooked al dente. Keep an eye on your pasta to make sure it doesn’t overcook. Otherwise, the pasta might break when you add it to the pan.
Reserve cooking water: Reserve some of the pasta cooking water to add it to the pan. This step is crucial to thicken the sauce and make your pasta dish look super creamy!
Use a large pan: Don’t forget that you will start by sauteeing the mushrooms, but you’ll add the pasta later, so make sure that you use a large pan.
Keywords: mushroom pappardelle, mushroom pasta, vegetarian pasta