This matcha pancake recipe is oil-free, easy to make, and perfect for green tea lovers! Serve these pancakes for breakfast with some coconut yogurt and fresh fruit.
- 7 oz all-purpose flour (200 g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 and 1/4 cups almond milk (180 ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the flour, matcha powder, baking powder, coconut sugar, and salt into a bowl.
- To a separate mixing bowl, add the eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract, and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently combine everything.
- Heat a skillet or a frying pan over low heat and grease the pan with coconut oil.
- Once hot, pour a ladle of the batter into the pan and let it cook for about 1 or 2 minutes. When bubbles start to appear all over the top, flip it very gently and let it cook for 2 more minutes, then plate. Repeat this process until you have used all the batter. Serve your pancakes topped with some coconut yogurt, fresh fruit, or maple syrup.
Don't over mix the batter: Overmixing will develop the flour's gluten and, consequently, make your pancakes dense and chewy.
Make a batch of pancakes and freeze them: If you want to eat these pancakes whenever you want, make a batch head, freeze, and they're ready every time you want.
Cook the pancakes over low heat: Always cook your pancakes over low heat to prevent burning.
Keywords: matcha pancakes, matcha pancake recipe