This lemon garlic shrimp recipe is easy to make, versatile, and ready in 15 minutes!
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz raw and peeled shrimp (350 g)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- chili or black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 handful of parsley, chopped
- Heat a large pan over medium to high heat.
- Add the olive oil to the pan. When the olive oil is hot, add the garlic and chili, and cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Spread the shrimp around the pan in a single layer, add salt and paprika, and cook until the shrimp is cooked through. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add the parsley and lemon juice. Reduce the lemon juice to a sauce, then remove from heat and serve!
Use raw shrimp: Ensure you use raw shrimp instead of precooked for best results. You can buy frozen raw shrimp.
Don’t overcook: You should thoroughly cook your shrimp but don’t overcook. Overcooked shrimp can be tough and chewy.
If you’re not a fan of spice: You can skip the chili pepper or use just a little bit of black pepper to your taste if you don’t like spicy food.
Keywords: lemon garlic shrimp, stir fried shrimp