This dairy-free lemon blueberry bread is crispy on the outside, soft and moist inside, and will be a massive success for any breakfast, brunch, or party!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240 g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 medium-sized eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar (270 g)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp sunflower oil (135 ml)
- 1/2 cup almond milk, at room temperature (120 ml)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (120 ml)
- lemon zest from 2 lemons
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries (130 g)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C), grease a 9-inch loaf pan, and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into a mixing bowl and mix everything.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, and oil until creamy for about 5 minutes.
- Add the milk, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and lemon zest and whisk to combine.
- Then, add the flour mixture and combine everything. Next, add the baking powder and combine very gently.
- Finally, add the blueberries to the batter, combine, and pour the batter into the loaf pan. You can add more blueberries on top if you want.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Don't overmix the batter: Overmixing the batter can result in a more dense cake. Also, it can keep the cake from rising.
Sift the dry ingredients: Sifting all the dry ingredients while adding them to de mix will break up any lumps, combine them evenly with the other ingredients and make a perfectly smooth batter.
Weight the ingredients: Weighting all the parts when baking is crucial, especially weighing flour, not adding the correct amount of flour when baking can make a cake turn out too dense, too chewy, or too small.
Keywords: lemon blueberry bread, lemon blueberry loaf