This Korean Kimchi Fried Rice recipe it's easy to make for a quick weeknight dinner and a great way to use leftover rice!
- 1 cup basmati rice ( 180 g)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 9 oz kimchi, chopped (250 g)
- 1/4 cup kimchi juice (60 ml)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- chilli sauce to taste (optional)
- 2 fried eggs (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- chopped chives (optional)
- Use leftover rice or rinse the rice and cook according to package instructions. When cooked, transfer to a plate to cool down.
- Heat a large wok over medium to high heat, drizzle a little bit of olive oil and saute the garlic for two minutes or until softened.
- Add the kimchi and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Keep stirring to prevent burning.
- Next, fluff the rice with a fork and add to the wok. Mix to combine with the kimchi.
- Add the kimchi juice and stir to combine.
- Finally, add the green onions, sesame oil, tamari, chili, and saute for one minute.
- Serve with a fried egg on top and garnish with sesame seeds, chopped green onions, or chopped chives.
Rinse the rice before cooking to rinse off the excess starch and prevent the rice from sticking together while you're stir-frying it.
Replace the egg for tofu to make this recipe vegan-friendly.
Use a large wok to get the best results!
Keywords: kimchi fried rice recipe, how to make kimchi fried rice