This homemade lemon cake recipe is easy to follow, fluffy, and delicious! It has a vanilla whipped cream frosting, and it's perfect for a birthday party!
Lemon Cake Ingredients
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar (270 g)
- 1/2 cup and 1tbsp sunflower oil (135 ml)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk (120 ml)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (120 ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Lemon zest from 2 lemons
- 2 tsp baking powder
Vanilla Whipped Cream Frosting Ingredients
- 2 cups and 1 tbsp cold heavy whipping cream (500 ml)
- 5 tbsp milk powder
- 3 tbsp and 1 tsp cold condensed milk (50 ml)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C), grease an 8-inch cake pan, and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Into a mixing bowl, sift the flour and baking soda, then add the salt and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, and oil until creamy for about 5 minutes.
- Add the milk, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and lemon zest and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and gently mix.
- Then, sift the baking powder and gently combine.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for about 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the whipped cream frosting. Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat the cold whipping cream with the milk powder until you get a creamy chantilly-like consistency. Start with minimum speed and progressively increase. Then add the cold condensed milk, vanilla extract, and gently combine with a spatula's help. Set aside in the refrigerator until the cake is cold.
- When the cake is cold, you can start decorating it! Add the frosting on top and decorate with flowers or anything you like!
This recipe makes a three-layer cake with three 6 inch cake pans.
Sift the dry ingredients while adding them to the batter. This step will break up any lumps and combine all the elements correctly.
Don't overmix the batter. Overmixing the batter can lead to a dense cake.
Weight all the ingredients, especially the flour, to make sure your cake turns out with a perfect texture.
If you're making a three-layered cake, weigh the batter while adding it to the cake pans to ensure that all cake layers will be the same height.
Please make sure the whipping cream and condensed milk are cold when it's time to make the frosting. Leave in the fridge for at least 8 hours for best results.
Keywords: homemade lemon cake, lemon cake recipe