This healthy homemade granola recipe is quick and easy to make, super delicious, vegan, and sweetened with maple syrup!
- 3 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup pecan nuts
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut chips
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Chop your nuts into big chunks. If you prefer, you can keep them whole.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, hazelnuts, and pecan nuts.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Add the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until everything is well combined.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the granola evenly all over the baking tray. Bake the granola for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Stir often to prevent burning, and add the coconut chips in the last 5 minutes.
- Let it cool down completely, add the raisins and store it in an airtight container.
Stir the granola while baking: To achieve a crispy texture and prevent burning, stir the granola once in a while during baking time to make sure it bakes from both sides.
Use old-fashioned rolled oats: Old-fashioned oats are the best for granola recipes. Quick-oats have a different cooking time and will provide a different texture to your granola.
Add fruit last: Dried fruits are great ingredients to add to granola. Have fun trying to add different types of dried fruits into this recipe! If you’re not a fan of raisins, you can replace them for dried peaches, for example, but make sure you only add dried fruit after baking otherwise, the fruit will burn on the baking process.
Let it cool down before storing the granola: Make sure you let your granola cool completely before storing it in an airtight container. If you store the granola while it is still warm, it will turn out soggy.
Keywords: healthy granola recipe, homemade granola