These are the best homemade cinnamon rolls you'll ever make! They're easy to make and only require 8 main essential ingredients! This recipe is dairy-free friendly, fluffy, and so delicious!
Roll Dough Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (260 g)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (30 g)
- 1.2 oz vegan butter or regular butter, at room temperature (35 g)
- 1 egg, a room temperature
- 1/2 cup almond milk or regular milk, at room temperature (120 ml)
- 0,35 oz (10 g) fresh yeast or 0,18 oz (5 g) of dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1.9 oz softened vegan butter or regular butter at room temperature (55 g)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (40 g)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
Topping Ingredients (optional)
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Add the flour, brown sugar, butter, milk, egg, yeast, vanilla extract, and salt to an electric stand mixer bowl and knead the dough for 10 minutes until you achieve a smooth dough. If kneading by hand, knead for 20 minutes on a well-floured surface.
- Then, transfer the dough to a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, place it in a warm environment, and allow the dough to rise for 1 hour or until double in size.
- Meanwhile, make the cinnamon and sugar filling. Mix the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon into a small bowl until you achieve a paste-like consistency.
- After the dough has doubled in size, flour a surface and roll out the dough into a rectangle.
- Spread the cinnamon filling all over the top of the rectangle. Roll up the dough tightly and cut into 8 even rolls.
- Place the cinnamon rolls into a greased baking pan, cover with plastic wrap, place in a warm environment, and let it rise for 30 to 45 minutes.
- When the rolls have doubled in size, preheat the oven to 350 F ( 180 C ) and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After you remove the rolls from the oven, allow them to cool for 10 minutes before you add the icing sugar on top. Sprinkle more cinnamon on top and serve them immediately!
Weight the ingredients: Weighting all the parts when baking is crucial for achieving the best result.
Ensure the ingredients are at room temperature: Using at room temperature ingredients ensures that you don't affect the yeast or any other step in this recipe.
Flour your work surface: Ensure you flour your working surface to prevent dough from sticking.
For a dairy-free version: Ensure you use vegan butter and almond milk.
Keywords: homemade cinnamon rolls