This homemade carrot cake is moist, delicious, easy to make, and filled with walnuts.
- 1 cup grated carrots (220 g), approximately 3 medium carrots
- 4 eggs, a room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar (180 g)
- 1 cup brown sugar (180 g)
- 1/2 cup sunflower vegetable oil (120 ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (300 g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- chopped walnuts or pecans (90g)
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar (optional)
- Peel the carrots and finely grate them in a food processor. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Grease one 8 inch cake pan.
- Add the sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and beat with an electric mixer for 5 minutes.
- Sift the dry ingredients. Then, add the flour and cinnamon to the mixing bowl and combine with the wet ingredients. Don't overmix the batter.
- Next, add the baking powder and gently combine.
- Add the grated carrots and chopped walnuts and gently combine.
- Transfer the batter to the cake pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. When the cake is ready, please remove it from the oven and let it cool down before adding the powdered sugar on top.
Grate the carrots on a food processor to achieve the best batter consistency.
Don't overmix the batter: Overmixing can result in a more dense cake, keeping the cake from rising.
Sift all the dry ingredients to break up any lumps, combine them evenly with the other ingredients to make a perfectly smooth batter.
Weight the ingredients, especially the flour. Weighting all the parts when baking is essential to achieve a fluffy cake and make it rise.
Keywords: carrot cake recipe, homemade carrot cake