This chicken stir fry recipe is healthy, loaded with vegetables, and ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock or water (60 ml)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari (60 ml)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch
Stir Fry Ingredients
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 onion, cut into half-moons
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut in half
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into slices
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into slices
- 1 green onion chopped, to garnish (optional)
- sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Next, prepare all the vegetables and set them aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil. When hot, add the chicken breast, season with salt and pepper, and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until golden. Remove the chicken breast to a plate.
- Add a little more olive oil and saute the garlic and ginger for 2 minutes.
- Next, add the onion, carrot, broccoli, bell peppers, and saute for 5 minutes or until tender. Frequently stir to prevent burning.
- Next, add the chicken back in and the sauce and stir-fry to combine with the vegetables. Wait a little bit until the sauce thickens and then serve immediately garnished with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
Prepare all the veggies ahead: Once you start the stir-frying process, this dish comes out very quickly, and if you take too long between steps, you might burn your ingredients. Ensure you prepare all the vegetables ahead, so they’re ready to go when you need to throw them into the wok.
Cut the vegetables into different shapes: Cutting the vegetables into different shapes adds texture to the dish.
Don’t overcook the veggies: You want your veggies tender but still crispy. Keep an eye on it, and don’t let them overcook.
Use a large pan to get the best results: If you use a pan that is too small, it won’t be easy to toss all the ingredients together, and your vegetables and meat won’t cook as quickly as if you were stir-frying them on a larger one.
Keywords: chicken stir fry recipe, chicken stir fry