This healthy apple crumble is gluten-free, vegan, and super easy to make! Serve this warm dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
- 2 lb apples (1 kg)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 7 oz gluten-free flour blend (200 g)
- 1 cup coconut sugar (100 g)
- 5 oz vegan butter (150 g)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C) and reserve one tablespoon of coconut sugar.
- Peel, cut, core, and slice the apples. Then, add lemon juice on top of the apples and set them aside.
- Add the flour, coconut sugar, and vegan butter to a large bowl to make the crumble. Mix with your hands until you achieve a crumble consistency.
- Remove the excess lemon juice from the sliced apples and add them to a baking dish.
- Add the reserved sugar and cinnamon on top and mix to combine.
- Add the crumble on top of the sliced apples and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream on top.
Serve warm: This dessert is best when eaten warm. Make sure you don't wait too long to eat.
Don't over bake: Don't over bake to prevent the crumble from getting too dry.
Storage instructions: Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Keywords: healthy apple crumble, apple crumble recipe