These gluten-free banana pancakes are vegan, sugar-free, and freezer-friendly. Make them for a healthy breakfast or a post-workout snack!
- 7 oz ripe bananas, sliced (200 g)
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats (200 g)
- 1 and 1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- To a measuring jug, add the bananas, vanilla extract, maple syrup, almond milk, rolled oats, and lemon juice. Blend with an immersion blender until smooth. You can also use a blender or a food processor.
- Then add the baking powder and baking soda and gently mix with a spatula. Let the batter sit for 5 to 10 minutes to thicken.
- Heat a skillet or a frying pan over low heat and grease the pan with coconut oil.
- Once hot, pour a ladle of the batter into the pan and let it cook for about 2 minutes. When bubbles start to appear all over the top, flip it very gently and let it cook for more 2 minutes, then plate. Repeat this process until you have used all the batter.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings or make a batch and freeze them!
Don't overmix the batter: Don't overmix de batter after adding the baking powder and baking soda. Overmixing will make your pancakes flat and chewy.
Wait for the batter to thicken: Thick batter is essential for fluffy pancakes! Make sure you wait 5 to 10 minutes before cooking.
How long to keep in the freezer: Make a batch of this pancake recipe and freeze your pancakes! Please keep them in freezable bags for up to 3 months.
Cook these pancakes over low heat: You should always cook your pancakes on low heat. Otherwise, they might burn, so don't rush when cooking pancakes, take your time and enjoy!
Keywords: gluten-free banana pancakes, vegan banana pancakes