This French toast casserole recipe is dairy-free, easy to make, and so delicious. You can prepare it the night before or make it in the morning!
- 10.50 oz baguette bread, sliced (300 g)
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (80 g)
- 2 cups almond milk (480 ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup frozen berries (100 g)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks (70 g)
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds (30 g)
- Icing sugar, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C) and grease a baking dish.
- Thinly slice the bread and add it to the baking dish.
- Add the eggs, coconut sugar, almond milk, vanilla extract, salt, and whisk to combine into a mixing bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the bread and top with frozen berries, chocolate chunks, and flaked almonds.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Let it cool down a bit, sprinkle some icing sugar on top, and serve!
Make ahead: You can make this recipe the night before to save you some time. Prepare everything except the toppings, and keep it in the fridge overnight with some plastic wrap on top. The following day, remove the plastic wrap, add the toppings, and bake.
Add other toppings: Change the toppings to make different versions. You can add spices like cinnamon or pumpkin spice mix and chopped nuts.
Slice or cut into cubes: You can slice the bread or cut it into cubes according to its size. If you cut the bread into slices and are still very large, it is best to cut them into cubes.
Keywords: french toast casserole, baked french toast