This french apple tart is delicious, easy to make, and only needs 5 ingredients!
- 1 package of store-bought puff pastry
- 5 big Honeycrisp apples, sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup apple puree (130 g)
- Preheat the oven to 392 degrees F (200 C) and grease a tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Cut the apples into four pieces, remove the skin, and finely slice them.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the apple slices to prevent them from turning brown.
- Add the puff pastry dough into the tart pan and trim the excess.
- Use a fork to prick the bottom.
- Then add the apple puree and spread it over the dough.
- Add the apple slices over the apple puree and then, add the coconut sugar on top.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and sprinkle a little cinnamon on top.
Add lemon juice to the apples: Lemon juice prevent the apples from turning brown. Make sure you drizzle over the apple slices before adding them to the tart pan.
Serve the tart when it's warm: This tart tastes best when warm. Serve with a scoop of ice cream on the side.
Prick the puff pastry: This will help you eliminate the puff and get a thin and crispy pastry at the bottom of your tart.
Keywords: french apple tart, apple tart recipe