This easy chimichurri sauce is amazing to toss over barbecue, grilled meat, fish, vegetables, buddha bowls, or your favorite salads. It's quick to make and requires simple ingredients!
Why you will love this recipe
- This easy chimichurri sauce it's healthy and quick to make.
- You'll only need 7 ingredients.
- You can store it in the freezer in ice cube trays for up to 2 months, and it's always ready to go on top of your favorite meals!
What is chimichurri sauce?
Initially found in Argentina and Uruguay, Chimichurri is an uncooked sauce used as an ingredient in cooking and as a table condiment for grilled meat.
Chimichurri sauce comes in green and red versions and is made of finely chopped parsley, minced garlic, olive oil, oregano, vinegar, salt, and chili flakes for extra spiciness.
This sauce is excellent to add on top of barbecue, grilled fish, grilled meat, or vegan and vegetarian bowls!
Ingredients to make this recipe
Olive oil: Use extra virgin olive oil.
Vinegar: Authentic chimichurri is made with red wine vinegar. To make this recipe more accessible, we've used apple cider vinegar, and it tastes fantastic too. Feel free to use your favorite.
Parsley: Finely chopped.
Garlic: Use 3 to 4 garlic cloves, depending on how strongly you like the flavor.
Chili Flakes: We've used dried chili flakes. Chilli is optional. If you're not a fan of spice, you can skip this ingredient.
Dried oregano: Use one teaspoon.
Salt: To taste.
How to make chimichurri sauce
First, finely chop the parsley.
Then, mix all the ingredients into a small bowl, and allow to sit for at least 10 minutes to release all of the flavors before serving.
Spread over meat, fish, seafood, vegetables, or buddha bowls.
Is chimichurri served hot or cold?
You don't need to heat chimichurri sauce. You can serve it over a hot or cold entree.
What is chimichurri sauce good on?
Chimichurri sauce is good on a barbecue, grilled meat, fish, vegetables, and buddha bowls.
How long does chimichurri last in the fridge?
Keep your sauce in the fridge for up to 4 days, stored in an airtight container.
Tips for making this recipe
- Adjust to your taste: You can add more salt or chili flakes according to your liking.
- Storage: Store your sauce in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: You can freeze your sauce in ice cube trays for up to 2 months.
If you tried this recipe, don't forget to tag me on Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook. Also, if you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a comment and a rating star below! Thank you for your support!Print
Easy Chimichurri Sauce
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dressing
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: Argentinian
- Diet: Gluten Free
This easy chimichurri sauce is quick to assemble, requires simple ingredients, and it's perfect for tossing over your favorite meals!
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil (120 ml)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar or white vinegar (30 ml)
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley (70 g)
- 3 or 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt to taste
- First, finely chop the parsley.
- Then, mix all the ingredients into a small bowl, and allow to sit for at least 10 minutes to release all of the flavors before serving.
- Spread over meat, fish, seafood, vegetables, or buddha bowls.
Adjust to your taste: You can add more salt or chili flakes according to your liking.
Storage: Store your Chimichurri sauce in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Freeze: You can freeze your Chimichurri sauce in ice cube trays for up to 2 months.
Keywords: easy chimichurri sauce, chimichurri sauce
Leave a Reply