This creamy tomato pasta recipe is vegan and super healthy! It will be ready in less than 30 minutes, and it’s an excellent dish for when you’re craving comfort food.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in halves (220 g)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 can canned tomatoes (390 g)
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine (60 ml)
- 4 cups water (960 ml)
- 7 oz spaghetti (200 g)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup baby spinach (100 g)
- fresh basil leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Heat a medium-sized pot over medium heat and drizzle a little olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, saute the garlic and onion for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Next, add the cherry tomatoes and dried thyme and saute for 3 minutes. Stir often to prevent burning.
- Add the canned tomatoes and combine them with the other ingredients.
- Next, add the white wine, stir to combine, and cook for 2 minutes or until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add the water. When it starts boiling, add the spaghetti, salt, and pepper and cook until the pasta is al dente. Toss around the pasta every 2 minutes until the liquid is almost all evaporated.
- When the water halves, add the spinach and continue cooking.
- When the pasta is al dente, remove the pasta from the heat and serve garnished with basil leaves.
Don’t overcook the pasta: Pasta must be al dente! Keep an eye on it, and don’t let it get too soft.
Toss the pasta around often: Make sure you stir the spaghetti frequently to prevent it from sticking.
Taste the pasta before removing it from heat: If you’re using a different pasta type than spaghetti, the amount of water shown in this recipe may not be enough. To make sure your pasta is cooked, taste it before removing it from the heat. If the water has almost evaporated and the pasta is still stiff, add more water and cook until the pasta is al dente.
Keywords: creamy tomato pasta, vegan tomato pasta recipe