This Mediterranean couscous salad recipe is vegan, healthy, easy to make, and full of flavor. It's great to eat as a side or main dish for something lighter!
- 1/2 and 1/4 cups couscous (130 g)
- 1/2 and 1/4 cups boiling vegetable stock or boiling water (180 ml)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 cucumber, sliced or chopped (140g)
- 1 onion, sliced (60g)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced or cubed
- 1/2 cup coriander, chopped
Baked Chickpeas Ingredients
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed (400 g)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of back pepper
- 5 tbsp olive oil (60 ml)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (30 ml)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C). Season the chickpeas with 2 tsp of paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and olive oil and combine. Transfer the chickpeas to the baking pan and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, add another tsp of paprika, mix, and cook for 10 minutes. Shake the pan every once in a while to prevent over-browning.
- While the chickpeas are baking, place the dry couscous into a bowl, pour the boiling vegetable stock, and cover for 10 minutes.
- Into a small bowl, mix the dressing ingredients and set aside and cut all the vegetables.
- When couscous and chickpeas are ready, fluff the couscous with a fork and add to a serving bowl and all the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the dressing and toss to combine.
Cut the vegetables in different ways to add more texture to your salad.
If you're meal prepping, store the salad and dressing in different containers so the salad doesn't become soggy.
Fluff the couscous with a fork to break up any clumps.
You can brush the avocado slices with lemon juice to prevent the avocado from turning brown.
This salad serves two servings as a main and four servings as a side dish.
Keywords: vegan couscous salad, mediterranean couscous salad