These are the best chocolate chip cookies ever! They're soft on the inside, chewy outside, don't require chill time, and the dough is freezer-friendly. Plus, they're ready in just 30 minutes!
- 150g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 110g granulated sugar
- 90g brown sugar
- 1 medium-sized egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 250g chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- First, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C), and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and whisk to combine.
- In a larger bowl, add the cooled melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Whisk the ingredients until you achieve a creamy consistency.
- Then, add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Next, add the reserved flour mixture into the bowl and gently combine with the help of a spatula.
- Then, add the chocolate chips and gently fold until combined with the cookie dough.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough into balls, placing them a few inches apart. Bake for 11-12 minutes for a softer cookie center or 15 minutes for a crispier cookie. The cookies are ready when the edges are slightly golden, and the center is still puffed. They will look un-done but don't worry, they will continue to bake outside the oven and settle as they cool down. You can add more chocolate chips on top right after you remove them from the oven. Please wait at least 20 minutes before eating until they are cold down and finish baking out of the oven.
Weigh all the ingredients: Weighing ingredients with a scale is essential to ensure good results when baking. Measuring dry ingredients with cups won't give you an exact measure, and that can turn into a bad baking experience.
Don't overbake: Cookies continue to bake outside the oven, so ensure you don't overbake them. Let them cool down for at least 20 minutes. They will flatten and finish baking as they cool down outside the oven.
Store: Store the cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. We don't recommend more than 3 days because the texture won't be the same as when freshly baked.
Freeze the dough: Scoop balls of cookie dough, place them in a freezer plastic bag, and freeze the cookie dough for up to 3 months! Bake cookies anytime you crave them!
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookie recipe