This chocolate bundt cake is dairy-free and topped with a creamy chocolate glaze! It’s a great cake recipe for any celebration!
- 1 and 1/2 cups white sugar (270 g)
- 1/2 cup and 2 tbsp sunflower seed oil (150 ml)
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup almond milk, at room temperature (120 ml)
- 1 cup brewed coffee or instant coffee (240 ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup cocoa powder (80 g)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240 g)
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp baking powder
Chocolate Glaze Ingredients
- 4 oz chocolate, chopped (100 g)
- 1 cup vegan cream or heavy cream (240 ml)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C) and grease a 10 to 12 cup bundt cake pan.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, and oil until creamy for about 5 minutes.
- Add the milk, coffee, vanilla extract, and salt and whisk to combine.
- Sift the cocoa powder and whisk to mix everything.
- Then sift the flour and gently combine.
- Add the baking powder and gently combine.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for about 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When the cake has cooled down, make the chocolate glaze. Melt the chocolate with heavy cream and whisk until smooth. Wait until the ganache has cooled down a bit, achieved a creamier consistency, and then poured over the chocolate cake.
Don’t overmix the batter: Overmixing the batter can result in a more dense and chewy cake.
Sift the dry ingredients: Sifting all the dry ingredients while adding them to de mix will break up any lumps, combine them evenly with the other ingredients and make a perfectly smooth batter.
Weight the ingredients: Weighting all the parts when baking is crucial for the best result. Not adding the precisely correct amount of a specific ingredient when baking a cake can make the cake turn out too dense, too chewy, or too small.
Use good quality cocoa powder: Use a good quality cocoa powder for the best chocolate flavor.
Keywords: chocolate bundt cake, dairy-free chocolate bundt cake